If I could insert a somewhat cheeky laugh here, I would.
How many of my goals did I meet last month? 2. Well, 2.5 if you include that I am halfway done with my first card.
There were a various number of reasons why I didn’t hit all my goals – unrealistic expectations, change of course for Space Thyme, and time (“thyme” haha OK got it).
This time around, I changed up a few things. I’m nervous about the “20 Minutes a day” requirement I wrote down, as I think these goals shouldn’t about what I want to do daily. Alas, I wrote it down before I could change, so we’ll see how it goes.
1) Complete 1st Card: Halfway there, living on a prayer.
2) Design 2nd Card: Important, as I don’t plan on printing it without learning polymer printing. This way I can include some fun illustrations.
3) 20 Min Science Everyday: This is for inspiration for my cards. We’ll see what happens.
4) 10 Hours total of handlettering practice and watch the next video in Sean Wes’ series: Last time around I said 10 hours per week. That was a bit unrealistic, considering how I want to become a master coder, illustrator, designer, and card maker as well. Handlettering will definitely supplement these practices, but it has to share my spare time with these other pursuits I have.
6) Make one LessMilk.com project: using Phaser.js. Doing this just to get my hands a little dirty.
7) One non-regular post per week: Besides “Those Things” and “Resource Run”, I have not been posting at all about printing. One might inquire: Why even do this blog at all?
I. Will. DO. THIS.
8) Make wood background: for pretty pictures, like such.
What are your goals for September? Any tips on how to make sure you do them all? Give me all the thoughts and feels.